Call for Registration: ‘Beauty and Goodness: Exploring the Intersection’
University of Southampton, 19th and 20th of September, 2019
‘Beauty and Goodness: Exploring the Intersection’ is a collaboration between the European Commission-funded research project Art and Ethics and the Aesthetics and Ethics Research Group. The conference’s motivation is to get ethicists to think about issues in aesthetics and aestheticians to think about those in ethics, or something in between the two sub-disciplines, in the hope of setting a precedent of mutually beneficial exchanges. The conference is funded by generous grants from the Thought Trust and the British Society of Aesthetics.
Our confirmed speakers are:
Dr. Jonathan Gingerich
Dr. Britt Harrison
Dr. Brian McElwee
Dr. Peter Shiu-Hwa Tsu
Prof. Samantha Vice
Dr. Alan Wilson
Registration is now open! This event is free and open to the public. If you are interested in attending, please fill out this form.
We have funds to offer travel bursaries up to £100 for four early career researchers. Please indicate whether you would like to be considered for these bursaries when registering. Funds will be awarded on a first come, first served basis; in the event that there are more applicants than funds, awardees will be chosen by lottery.
If you have any questions, you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We can provide a hearing loop if it is required.
- We permit service animals to attend.
- The venue is wheelchair accessible.
- The venue has nearby accessible toilets.
- We can provide a quiet room if it is required.
- The venue will have available seating.
- There is nearby parking to all venues.
- There will be at least a 15 minute break between each 90 minute session.
- We will permit written, rather than spoken, questions during discussion.